Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Amy. I'm a S.A.H.M. of 2 boys, 3 dogs, and a multitude of froglets in my tiny garden pond. We are a homeschooling family (the boys - there's not much hope for those dogs and the frogs do quite well for themselves). I'll getting around to finding a purpose for my blog eventually. Right now it's just a random collection of thoughts and rants about parenting, mostly.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Outside my window... it's sunny, and hot!! Our pool is green because the pump is broken. Must fix that.

I am thinking...summer is almost over. School starts in two weeks.

I am thankful...that it rained yesterday! And that when I called about jury duty today, I was told I was excused because all the cases on the calendar had been settled out of court. There's only 5000 or so people in the county...court cases don't come up often.

From the learning rooms...still on summer break, but not much longer.

In the kitchen...one loaf of bread baked, pizza dough rising in the fridge. Tonight is make your own pizza night.

I am wearing...gray shorts and an olive tank.

I am creating...bread. I think bread counts as creating. I'd like to get back to writing, but that isn't going to happen today.

I am going...crazy. 4 kids at my house today instead of my two. I don't know how my sis-in-law does it with 5!

I am wondering...why are you here? (sorry, can't help but channel Yoda when I see that)

I am reading...nothing today. Finished the most recent Dresden novel on Wednesday. It was interesting. Probably not my favorite, but I did like that it linked back to one of my favorites, which was Dead Beat.

I am hoping...to survive this weekend with my sanity intact.

I am looking forward to...some peace and quiet Sunday!

I am hearing...kids bumping and thumping around.

Around the house...laundry is done, but everything else is still a mess for the most part. The living room is full of empty boxes because I have unpacked all the kids school books from K12.

I am pondering...isn't this the same thing as thinking and wondering?

One of my favorite things...brown paper packages tied up with string? Not really, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Today is Friday. The week ends tomorrow night. I'm planning on taking the kids swimming at Nana's tomorrow, otherwise, I haven't planned much else.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments: